Closing date for applications: 05/11/2020 12:00 pm
Salary: Salary Band 2 Starting Salary - £18,562 - £19,312 per annum pro rata
Contract: Temporary attached to a child with an EHCP (25 hours worked over 39 weeks)
Sites: St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust. Based at St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Grantham
St. Mary’s is a welcoming, supportive and friendly working environment full of brilliant children and staff. We are part of the St. Therese of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust. We are committed to high quality professional training and career development.
We are looking to appoint a skilled, resilient Teaching Assistant to work predominantly one to one with a pupil with an Education Health Care Plan. This will be a fixed term contract which will be reviewed annually in line with the EHCP – a job share would be considered for this post.
The successful applicant will:
– Have experience of working with primary aged children as a Teaching Assistant or Teacher.
– Be resilient, have a calm, patient approach and positive attitude.
– Deliver social skills and sensory programmes.
– Be able to adapt plans and use ICT to support children’s learning.
– Be a team player and communicate effectively with staff and parents.
– Be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children, helping them to ‘believe, succeed and soar’.
Confidence to manage and support children with Special Educational Needs and disabilities is essential, as is showing initiative to adapt to individual needs of children. Prior experience of working on a 1:1 basis with children with high needs is desirable. Support at lunch times will be required.
In return we can offer:
• A pleasant working environment with like-minded dedicated and supportive colleagues
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme
• Access to professional development
Please contact the school office if you would like to discuss the role in more depth.
Applications must be submitted by 5th November 2020. Interviews to take place on 12th November 2020.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to
share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior
to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications
from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and submitted online below by the closing date.