Closing date for applications: 16/04/2021 12:00 pm
Salary: Salary Band 1 Starting Salary - £17,842 - £18,562 per annum (Actual salary £2,016 - £2,097)
Contract: Fixed term until 31st August 2021 (5 hours a week worked over 38 weeks a year)
Sites: St Therese of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust, based at St Mary's CVA Boston
We at St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust on behalf of St Mary’s RC Primary Voluntary Academy Boston are seeking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to join our innovative and friendly school team.
Here at St Mary’s we welcome the partnership of Parish, Home and School; we work extremely hard to create a community spirit and we very much hope you will choose to become part of it.
We require a Midday Supervisor to join our staff team for 5 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks per year). The post involves the supervision of children during the lunchtime break in the building and outside in the playground, as well as a variety of associated tasks: setting up and clearing away of tables and dealing with minor accidents. The post is temporary in the first instance, pending a review of the school’s lunchtime service.
The Main Responsibilities are:
- Supervision, organisation and safeguarding of children within the playground or dining hall environment.
- Organise and develop interactive activities for the children during play.
- To use class registers and operate the system designed to ensure all children receive a school meal.
- To encourage dining arrangements that promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service for pupils.
- To assist as required to ensure a calm, clean environment in the dining hall.
In return we offer:
- A school with the Gospel values of the Catholic faith at its core
- A committed and supportive community
- A learning environment which offers a stimulating curriculum that excites and engages our wonderful children
- A committed and dedicated school team who always go above and beyond what is required of them, working together to achieve our school mission
- A commitment to continued professional development
You do not need to be a practising Catholic but must be committed to working within a Christian ethos.
If you are interested in applying for the post, application packs are available from our website: – https://www.stl-cmat.org.uk/vacancies.
Applications must be submitted by 16th April 2021.
Interviews will take place on 23rd April 2021.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at [email protected] by the closing date.