Closing date for applications: 25/05/2020 12:00 pm
Salary: Salary Band E4 £81,375 to £92,375
Sites: St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust
The St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint an innovative leader and inspirational communicator, with a strong educational background, to join the St Thérèse of Lisieux CMAT as Director of Performance and Standards with responsibility for secondary provision and outcomes. As part of the executive team, based in Lincoln, you will work closely with the CEO, the Board of Directors of the CMAT and the Director of Performance and Standards – Primary, to provide highly effective strategic focus on attainment and progress across the Trust’s secondary academies. Your work with headteachers will ensure our schools have the highest quality support, challenge and intervention, so that they offer the very best education for all of our young people.
The successful candidates will:
• be sympathetic to the Catholic ethos of our schools and model our values in their approach to the role
• have a proven record of successful leadership and school improvement at senior leader, school improvement partner or inspector level
• be adept at using a range of school assessment data and quality assurance information to identify improvement priorities and formulate action plans
• be creative in generating opportunities for sharing best practice and brokering support
• be passionate about ensuring that each student fulfils their unique potential
• value the diversity within our schools and their individual contexts
• be a confident and positive leader with the ability to build relationships with school leaders, staff, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT
• have the ability to drive themselves and others
• be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
• actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
• have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of schools
In return we can offer you:
• a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and CEO
• talented, enthusiastic and committed headteachers with a passion for Catholic education
• enthusiastic, ambitious staff and inspirational young people, who are keen to learn
• an excellent, bespoke induction programme • first-rate personal career development opportunities as part of a forward thinking CMAT
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the performance and standards of the CMAT’s two secondary schools and, in addition, will lead the CPD strategy and SEND agenda for the Trust. Successful experience of school improvement in the secondary phase of education is essential. We would expect the successful candidate to develop their expertise and, with the relevant training, to become more cross-phase over time. Please note that whilst these positions are not reserved for practising Catholics, there is a requirement that the post holders will support and promote the values of our Catholic schools in all aspects of their work for the CMAT.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Louise Wilson (CEO) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please apply using the CES application form and include a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides, that details your experience, the impact you have had in your current in raising standards and how you would seek to work with headteachers to sustain and improve outcomes for all young people.
Please address your application to Louise Wilson, CEO, and return it to email@example.com by Monday 25th May 2020 (12 noon). The provisional date for interview is Thursday 28th May 2020. The St Therese of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safe recruitment practices and the post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all other relevant preemployment checks.