Closing date for applications: 09/10/2020 12:00 pm
Salary: Salary Band 4 Starting Salary - £21,166 - £23, 836 per annum pro rata
Contract: Permanent (32.5 hours worked over 39 weeks)
Sites: St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust. Based at St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Grantham
We are seeking a proactive, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will join our team at St Mary’s. We are a small, caring, single form primary school which a strong focus on supporting children and their families. We are looking to appoint a classroom teaching assistant for 32.5 hours per week to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning and will inspire our children to achieve their full potential.
The successful applicant will:
• Be flexible and adaptable.
• Have good levels of subject knowledge in maths and English.
• Be able to challenge and inspire children by having high expectations.
• Be able to use high quality dialogue and high level questioning techniques to engage pupils in learning.
• Be passionate about working with children of all ages and abilities, including some of our most vulnerable pupils.
• Want to continue to learn and develop their own practice.
• Be a positive, optimistic and enthusiastic team player and role model.
• Be a creative thinker with a sense of humour.
• Provide regular, timetabled PPA and leadership cover for teachers across the primary age range.
• Run small group interventions to accelerate progress.
• Provide cover for when teachers are engaged in professional development opportunities.
• Support teachers in the classrooms.
In return we can offer:
• A pleasant working environment with like-minded dedicated and supportive colleagues
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme
• Access to professional development
Applications must be submitted by 9th October 2020
Interviews will take place on 21st October 2020
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and submitted online by the closing date.