Closing date for applications: 26/11/2020 12:00 pm
Salary: Mainscale – MPS 1 – UPS 3 (£24,373 - £40,490) Per Annum
Contract: Permanent (32.5 hours a week, worked over 39 weeks)
Sites: St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi-Academy Trust. Based at St Bernadette’s Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy, Scunthorpe
This is an exciting opportunity to join St. Bernadette’s Academy, part of the St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi-Academy Trust within the Diocese of Nottingham, and which provides consistent, proactive and high quality support and services to all our headteachers, senior leaders and trustees.
St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and inspiring primary teacher to join a very dedicated, friendly, and supportive team. We welcome applications from experienced and newly-qualified teachers, and from both Catholic and non-Catholic applicants.
Our successful candidate will:
• Be committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of our academy
• Be a highly effective classroom teacher who cares deeply about children’s learning
• Have high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour
• Be passionate about the education of all children
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a dedicated team.
We can offer you:
• A strong Catholic ethos which promotes Gospel Values
• Effective, supportive colleagues who are passionate about children’s learning
• Positive, happy pupils with excellent attitudes to learning
• A very supportive family atmosphere with a strong sense of community
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• Very supportive governors and parents.
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
You do not need to be a practising Catholic but must be committed to working within a Christian ethos.
A reference from the Parish Priest is not essential.
Applications must be submitted by 26th November 2020. Interviews to take place on 2nd December 2020.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share
this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to
employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as
diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and
submitted online below by the closing date.