Closing date for applications: 25/09/2020 12:00 pm
Salary: Salary Band 4, Scale 11-18 pro-rata (£11,158- £12,817)
Contract: Permanent Part-time 0.6FTE (22.5 hours per week)
Sites: St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust. Based at St Bede’s Catholic Academy, Scunthorpe
The Directors of the St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly committed Lay Chaplain, based at St Bede’s Catholic Academy in Scunthorpe. The St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust is responsible for Catholic education across 16 schools in North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. Through our mission statement ‘A communion of high achieving Catholic schools where every person meets Jesus and grows uniquely in God’s love’, we affirm our ambition to ensure all children, fulfil their God-given potential through the provision of a high quality, inclusive and authentically Catholic education that will ensure our school communities encounter Christ, grow in discipleship and put their faith into action through service to others. The Lay Chaplain will be responsible for ensuring that the Catholic mission remains central to work of St Bede’s Catholic Academy and for coordinating and developing the provision of lay chaplaincy by:
• Inspiring the school community to recognise God’s love for them and their need of God
• Developing the spiritual, religious and liturgical life of the academy
• Ensuring Mass and the sacraments are celebrated regularly in school
• Ensuring major feasts and seasons of the Church are celebrated
• Supporting staff and students in their planning and leading of liturgies and Collective Worship The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic (please refer to the diocesan definition of a practising Catholic) in good standing with the Catholic Church
• Have a clear vision for chaplaincy within the context of a Catholic academy • Have the ability to motivate and inspire others
• Have high expectations of self and others
• Have the aptitude to be innovative, creative and solution focused Have a positive attitude, resilience and excellent communication skills
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Louise Wilson, CEO by telephone 01522 849620 or via email to email@example.com
Visits to the school from prospective candidates are most welcome. The St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check, prior to employment. This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ [https://www.dioceseofnottingham.uk/application/files/4415/2611/2067/Definition _of_a_Practising_Catholic_01.05.18.pdf] for further information.
Closing date: Please return your completed application via email to Mackenzie Bennett, HR Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday September 25th 2020.
We reserve the right to close or extend the closing date for the post.