Closing date for applications: 05/06/2020 12:00 pm
Salary: Salary £32,878 - £36,876
Contract: Permanent Full-time (applications are welcome from applicants who may wish to be considered for a part-time role of at least 0.6FTE)
Required from 1st September 2020
The Directors of the St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly committed Lead Lay Chaplain to their executive team.
The St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust is responsible for Catholic education across 16 schools in North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. Through our mission statement ‘A communion of high achieving Catholic schools where every person meets Jesus and grows uniquely in God’s love’, we affirm our ambition to ensure all children, fulfil their God-given potential through the provision of a high quality, inclusive and authentically Catholic education that will ensure our school communities encounter Christ, grow in discipleship and put their faith into action through service to others.
Our Lead Lay Chaplain will be responsible for ensuring that the Catholic mission of our schools remains central to work of the CMAT and for coordinating and developing the provision of lay chaplaincy by:
- Providing and facilitating the ongoing professional development for lay chaplains and Collective Worship Leads in collaboration with both the Nottingham Roman Catholic Diocesan Education Service (NRCDES) and the Nottingham Diocesan Catholic Youth Service (NDCYS)
- Arranging ‘trust’ level spirituality events and training
- Supporting lay chaplains and Collective Worship Leads with preparation for the ‘Catholic Life’ and ‘Collective Worship’ elements of the diocesan canonical inspection framework
- Quality assure the work of lay chaplains and Collective Worship Leads through a clear appraisal process to ensure that there is a consistency in provision across the CMAT
- Develop future lay chaplains and Collective Worship Leads and support the interview and induction process for new lay chaplains
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic (please refer to the diocesan definition of a practising Catholic) in good standing with the Catholic Church
- Have a clear vision for chaplaincy within the context of a Catholic multi-academy trust
- Have outstanding leadership capacity and the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Have high expectations of self and others
- Have the aptitude to be innovative, creative and solution focused
- Have a positive attitude, resilience and excellent communication skills
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Louise Wilson, CEO by telephone 01522 849620 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check, prior to employment.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the successful candidate to be a practising Catholic.
Closing date: Please upload your completed application below by noon on Friday 5th June 2020.