Closing date for applications: 23/12/2019 12:00 pm
Salary: Salary Band 1 (£17,364 - £18,065) per annum (Pro rata for hours)
Contract: Permanent (8.75 hours a week, term time only)
Sites: St Bernadette’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Scunthorpe
We are seeking a proactive Midday Supervisory Assistant who will support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning and who will inspire our children to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for someone who is organised, hardworking and flexible. The successful candidate will take pride in their work and be able to sometimes work without direct supervision. As a team player the successful applicant will have effective communication skills and will enjoy the variety and challenges of a busy, creative school environment.
Duties will include:
• Supervision of pupils in the dining hall.
• Supervision of pupils in the playground areas and school premises. Set up equipment and organise activities.
• Cleaning up spillage and ensuring tables are clean in the dining hall.
• Cleaning up after children are unwell.
• Ensure the maintenance of good order and discipline.
• Assist children with personal self-care and support the caring ethos of the academy.
• Working under the supervision and direction of the Senior Lunchtime Supervisor and ultimately the Headteacher.
The successful candidate must be prepared to undergo training in first aid and manual handling. Working hours will be 8.75 per week, Monday to Friday. Previous experience of working in an educational environment is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided.
Applications must be submitted by 9th December 2019
Interviews will take place on 16th December 2019
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and submitted online below by the closing date.