Closing date for applications: 11/06/2021 9:00 am
Salary: Salary Band 1 Starting Salary - £17,842 - £18,562 per annum pro rata. (Pro-rata for part time working)
Contract: Permanent, Part-Time (Term-Time only - 7.5 hours per week worked over 38 weeks per year) to start as soon as possible.
Sites: Based at St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Boston
We at St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust on behalf of St Mary’s RC Primary Voluntary Academy, Boston, are seeking to appoint a Midday Supervisory Assistant (MDSA) to join our innovative and friendly school team.
Here at St Mary’s, we welcome the partnership of Parish, Home and School; we work extremely hard to create a community spirit and we very much hope you will choose to become part of it.
We require a Midday Supervisory Assistant to join our staff team for 7.5 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks per year). The post involves the supervision of children during the lunchtime break in the building and outside in the playground, as well as a variety of associated tasks: setting up and clearing away of tables and dealing with minor accidents.
The Main Responsibilities are:
- Supervision, organisation and safeguarding of children within the playground or dining hall environment.
- Organise and develop interactive activities for the children during play.
- To use class registers and operate the system designed to ensure all children receive a school meal.
- To encourage dining arrangements that promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service for pupils.
- To assist as required to ensure a calm, clean environment in the dining hall.
In return we offer:
- A school with the Gospel values of the Catholic faith at its core
- A committed and supportive community
- A learning environment which offers a stimulating curriculum that excites and engages our wonderful children
- A committed and dedicated school team who always go above and beyond what is required of them, working together to achieve our school mission
- A commitment to continued professional development
You do not need to be a practising Catholic but must be committed to working within a Christian ethos.
The closing Date for completed Applications: 11th June 2021.
Interviews will take place: 16th June 2021.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at [email protected] or submitted online by the closing date.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.