Closing date for applications: 21/06/2021 9:00 am
Salary: Starting Salary Band 1-£17,842- £18, 562 per annum (full time). Pro rata Actual Salary £5,059- £5,263 (pro rata for hours worked on a term time only basis).
Contract: Permanent (12.5 hours per week/2.5 hours per day split before and after school, worked over 38 weeks a year - Term Time only)
Sites: Based at St Peter & St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy, Lincoln
St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy in Lincoln presents a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and skilled minibus driver to join our vibrant school.
The role involves transporting students to and from school in a minibus, carrying out daily vehicle checks and basic maintenance to ensure the vehicle is clean and roadworthy and refuelling the vehicles as required. Working within health and safety guidelines and maintaining accurate records of children using the service is essential to the role. Attendance is required at any relevant training courses and there will be the opportunity to contribute more widely across the Academy.
The work pattern for this role will be as follows:
Monday to Friday, approximately 7:15-8:30am and 3:15-4:30pm
The successful candidate will:
- Hold the appropriate driving licence for this role, and will ideally have prior experience in a similar role and/or driving a large vehicle
- Be competent to undertake vehicle checks and carry out basic maintenance
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable of building excellent relationships with teaching and support staff, as well as with students
- Be reliable and trustworthy, with a flexible approach to working arrangements to assist with covering colleagues
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community
- A calm and happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- Suitable training where required
You do not need to be a practising Catholic but must be committed to working within a Christian ethos. You will join a school with a clear vision to unlock the potential of all of our students through our Catholic Virtues. All our staff uphold the core virtues and Catholic ethos of the school, regardless of religious denomination, as we work as a community for our children in order to help them to become fully rounded people who achieve excellent academic results.
Applications must be submitted by: 21st June 2021.
Interviews will take place: Week Commencing 21st June 2021.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at [email protected] or submitted online below by the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.