Closing date for applications: 30/07/2021 9:00 am
Salary: Salary Band 4 starting salary – £12,783 within a range of £12,783 - £14,395 per annum
Contract: Permanent (27 hours a week worked over 42 weeks)
Sites: Based at St Mary’s Catholic Primary Voluntary Academy, Brigg
The Governors of St Mary’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed School Premises Manager. The role, which is to begin in September 2021, requires a real team player and an individual who can help to maintain the highest possible standards too.
Children are at the heart of what we do at St Mary’s. We are a vibrant and popular school where children enjoy a rich and diverse range of experiences and achieve well in a caring and respectful environment.
A safe space and premises are pivotal to these experiences. This is why we are looking to appoint a School Premises Manager who can maintain and uphold the highest possible standards.
School Premises Manager who can work in this varied role which will include a range of different daily and weekly tasks, as directed by the Admin office and Headteacher. You will need to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the school and this may involve a change in hours at short notice. You will be using the Trust’s computerised premises system so will need to have ICT competency.
We are looking for a school premises manager who:
- Is committed to ensure the safety of pupils, colleagues within the school, parents and governors
- Will promote the safeguarding and welfare of all children.
- Will undertake any training as directed by the Headteacher.
- Will take responsibility for the safety of the site, alongside the staff of the school.
- Will communicate any issues with the admin team and/or headteacher to ensure a quick resolution.
- Has high expectations of themselves and others. – Someone able to communicate effectively with others.
The successful candidate will;
- Be committed to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Be an excellent practitioner who can consistently meet the Teachers’ Standards
- Be organised, adaptable and a good communicator
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Be open to new ideas and willing to try new initiatives
In return we can offer the successful candidates a;
- Commitment to your professional development
- Happy, enthusiastic and loyal pupils
- Supportive team and Governing Body working together to develop excellence and enjoyment
- Positive school ethos that celebrates success and is committed to inclusion
We are fully committed to your professional development and welcome applications from experienced premises officers and candidates applying for this type of post for the first time.
You do not need to be a practising Catholic but must be committed to working within a Christian ethos.
In addition to a competitive salary, there is a pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and access to professional development.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 30th July 2021 (9.00am)
Shortlisting Wednesday 4th August 2021
Interviews will take place on the week beginning 16th August 2021
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
CV’s will not be accepted.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at [email protected] or submitted online below by the closing date.