Closing date for applications: 08/10/2021 9:00 am
Salary: Teaching Assistant-15 hours a week, 39 weeks a year. Salary CMAT Band 2 (£18,562-£19,312). Actual pro rata salary £6,461-£6,722 Higher Level Teaching Assistant- 10 hours a week, 39 weeks a year. Salary CMAT Band 4 (£21,748- £24,491). Actual pro rata salary £5,047- £5,683
Sites: Based at St Norbert’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Spalding
This is an exciting opportunity for a teaching assistant with HLTA status to join a great school with a highly motivated and hardworking team. The staff work closely together to provide high quality teaching and learning as well as a caring and supportive ethos for all our children.
The first element of this role will be working 15 hours per week as a class-based Teaching Assistant, supporting pupils learning under the direction and guidance of teachers and/or advisory staff. The second element of this role will be working 10 hours per week as a HLTA, providing PPA cover for teaching staff across the whole school. The HLTA role will involve supervising whole classes of pupils for short periods without a teacher present, taking them through learning programmes.
The work pattern for this role will be as follows:
TA- Monday to Friday- 9am to 12pm
HLTA-Monday to Friday-1pm to 3pm
The successful applicant will preferably have proven experience and will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work creatively and independently.
- Work as part of a team.
- Show initiative and be self-motivated.
- Work independently with individuals or small groups under the direction of the class teacher.
- Have high expectations of what can be achieved and a proven track record in raising children’s attainment.
- Be committed to raising the aspirations and achievements of young children with complex needs.
- Understand how children learn best and never give up on them.
- Work with pupils who have difficulty communicating with others, including those whose first language is not English
The successful candidate will have a qualification at NVQ level 2 or above. Whilst HLTA status is desirable it is not essential as training opportunities and support are available.
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community
- A rapidly developing school in terms of teaching and learning
- A team that is friendly and welcomes new colleagues and ideas
- Career development opportunities
You do not need to be a practising Catholic but must be committed to working within a Christian ethos.
If you are interested in applying for the post, application packs are available below.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 8th October 2021
Interviews will take place Friday 15th October
CV’s will not be accepted
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check, prior to employment. The Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
All shortlisted applicants will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
Completed application forms must be received on the Catholic Education Service (CES) application form and returned to the HR department at [email protected] or submitted online below by the closing date.